The Sea of Monsters: Percy Jackson and the Olympians: Book 2 (Audio) - Rick Riordan, Jesse Bernstein *3.5 out of 5 starsAfter finishing The Lightning Thief, I was looking forward to this one. Going into this one, I wasn't expecting it to be quite as good as the first one and it wasn't, but it was still a good book. It picks up a little while after the first one ended, and gives you a bit of a refresher in case you have forgotten what happened in the first book. Like the first book, it jumps right into the action. Percy is once again facing something crazy at school and will inevitably be thrown out of this one too. There is plenty of adventure in this and kept me thoroughly engaged much as the first book did, but I felt like this one just lagged a bit. I still really enjoyed the characters and I like where the story is going. Percy is still a caring person who will do anything for his friends and family, and in this one he will have to not only rescue his best friend Grover, but save Camp Half-Blood. It seems like all odds are against him, but he still keeps pushing along and won't let anything stop him. I would have liked him to have a little more character growth, but he pretty much just seemed to stay the same. The other characters were more enjoyable to me in this one. I found myself more interested in what was going on with everyone else besides Percy. I really like Annabeth, and Tyson was a great addition to the series. We don't get a whole lot of Grover since he is being held prisoner, but I really like him too. I think that all of the secondary characters really kept this book interesting for me. The journey that Percy, Annabeth, and Tyson go on is quite eventful. They have to take a crazy taxi ride to the camp, fight off numerous creatures, sail down the coast and somehow save the camp. There is also plenty of new things we learn and a twist at the end. (That I was pretty much expecting, but it was still a good direction to go in)This being the second book in the series, I didn't expect it to quite live up to the first one, so I wasn't let down that I didn't like it as much. Especially knowing there are three more books in this series after this one, I know that this one is just leading up to more action, adventure, and danger for them. As with the first one, I really enjoyed the reader. I think he is a great voice for these books and I am about to get right into the next book now. This series so far is very fun to get lost in. The story progression is good and the characters are awesome!! I can't wait to see what adventures lie ahead.