The Lightning Thief  - Rick Riordan, Jesse Bernstein After watching the movie I was wondering why I never read this series. I guess I never really thought about it. I am glad that I finally decided to though. I really enjoyed this book a lot. I love Greek Mythology and this was a fantastic adventure into it!! Though the characters are young, it didn't feel like reading a book for children. There is plenty of action, adventure, and great character development in this.Percy has been to so many different schools. He is always being kicked out. This time something crazy happens and it seems impossible, but he knows it's true. No one believes him of course, but then he discovers there is a lot more to it. He ends up going to camp half-blood and discovering that he is the son of one of the Greek Gods. Then after certain events, he has to go on a dangerous mission to to find the stolen Lightning Bolt that belongs to Zeus before a war of the Gods starts. He sets off on this journey across the country. He is a very tough young kid. I don't think that I would have been able to handle even a quarter of what he goes through. He is smart and does what needs to be done. He just wants to do the right thing. I don't really know what else to say. I could go into the story, but trust me when I say you just have to read it. This is filled with adventure. I really enjoyed everything about this book. The characters are great, the plot is amazing, and mythology is always something I enjoy reading about. This was such a fun and entertaining book and I can't wait to get to the rest of the series. I listened to the audiobook of this and the reader was fantastic. I really felt like I was going along on the journey with them. I felt like Percy was actually telling me the things that were happening. If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend it. If you enjoy audiobooks, this one is very well done!!