Airel - Aaron Patterson, Chris  White I picked up this book because the super awesome Ashley from www.bookish-brunette.com had mentioned it on twitter. I am so glad I did too. This book had so much going on. It was a little slow going in the first part, but as you get into the book it starts to pick up and then just really takes off. Part 4 is just amazing and it was impossible to stop reading from there. I couldn't have put the book down if I tried. I needed to know what was going to happen. I swear that Aaron Patterson must have been a teenage girl in another life. The way that he wrote from Airel's perspective is just amazing. She is a really great character and I loved being inside her head. I will admit, at first I was a little thrown off when it switched from one story to the other because it didn't seem like they had anything to do with each other, but it really all came together well.The characters were really awesome. I loved Airel, she seems so real. She's a teenage girl who you can relate to. I loved the thoughts that were going through her head. She is funny and I found myself laughing at a lot of what she was thinking and saying. (For example "All I need is a bunch of hormone-happy boys running around sticking me with knives and sticks just to see what will happen." That made me laugh out loud.) Her best friend Kim is so different from her, they are the perfect combination together. Kim just puts herself out there. She says what is on her mind and doesn't hold back. Then there's Micheal Alexander. Swoon worthy and really nice. Literally the hottest guy in school. From the other part of the story the MC is Kreios. I really liked his character. He is so tough and will do anything for the ones he loves.Airel was not what I expected it to be, but in a really good way. If you are looking for a great book filled with surprising twists, action, laughs, romance, and some heartbreaking moments, then this is a book for you. I was swept up in this story. It takes you on an amazing journey through history and into the present time. It was a true page turner. I am aching to read the next book in this series. Especially after the amazing way this one ended. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.